At Alantia Computer Institute, GST Practitioner Training Course is a comprehensive course, designed by experts to provide complete functional knowledge along with practical hands on training on Goods and Service Tax that ensures end-to-end GST readiness. The Course has been specifically modulated, keeping in mind the practical aspects of GST which includes Registration, Returns and an in-depth accounting and recording of GST transactions.
Who qualifies as a GST Practitioner?
Under Section 48(1) of the CGST Act, a GST Practitioner is a person who is approved by the Central or State government to perform any or all of the activities, on behalf of an establishment, company, institute or a registered taxable person. He exercises the authority to deal with the following functions:
- File an Application for Registration.
- File an application for amendment or cancellation of Registration.
- Furnish details of outward and inward supplies.
- Furnish monthly, quarterly, annual or final GST returns.
- Make payments for credit in the electronic cash ledger which can be in the form of payments for fine, interest, penalty, tax or any other amount.
- File a claim for refund.
- Appear as an authorised representative before any officer of department, appellate authority or appellate tribunal.
In short, a GST Practitioner is a kind of consultant who provides all such services which can be done through online mode. Howveer, please note that he must be registered on the GSTN Portal and must have acquired a Certificate by undergoing an Application Procedure before starting his practice.
Why should you opt for this Course?
The Goods and Service Tax in India which was launched on 1st July, 2017, amidst much fanfare has brought about a sort of revolution in the field of taxation. It has completely transformed the manner in which taxes are levied on goods and service sector in the Indian economy and has brought about a seeming parity in the field of taxation. However, since the concept is fresh and new, it has brought in its wake new compliances and processes which needs to be comprehended, assimilated and implemented in operating business.
Eligibility of the GST Practitioner Course
According to the Rule 24 and 25 of the CGST Act, the eligibility criteria for being a GST Practitioner requires that the person must be:
- An Indian citizen.
- Mmentally sound and balanced.
- Is not convicted by any Court of Law.
- Is not adjudicated by any Authority.
Furthermore, some other conditions are imposed which entails:
- He must possess a graduate or post-graduate degree or an equivalent degree in commerce, law, banking, business management from any recognized Indian University which is approved by law.
- Or, he must possess an equivalent degree from foreign University which is recognized by Indian government.
- He must also possess a Clearance Certificate that has been conducted by the Government of India through a recommended Council.
- He must have passed the Finals of Chartered Accountants of India.
- Or the Finals of Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- Or the Finals of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
Person fulfilling any of the above criteria can then apply for GST Practitioner Exam Registration by filling Form GST PCT -01 through GST Common Portal for GST Practitioner Exam of the current year.
What are the benefits of availing this course?
- The Certified Practitioner can access complete list of taxpayers who are engaged in his account.
- Can furnish details of outward and inward supplies, as and when required
- Can furnish the monthly, quarterly and annual return on behalf of his tax-payer clients.
- Can make a deposit for credit into electronic cash ledger.
- Can file an application on behalf of his client for refund / amendment/ cancellation of GST registration, if need be.
- Can provide the technical know-how to his client regarding generation of e-waybill for movement of goods.
- Able to accommodate his client in issuance of tax invoices, delivery challan, procedure for GST Registration, cancellation and any GST updates.
- Enabled to accept or reject the application as a consultant from fellow taxpayer.
At Alantia, we ensure that our GST Practitioner Training Course thoroughly prepares you to:
- Become GST Ready to grasp the new compliance requirements under the new regime.
- Use GST provisions to start a career in Accounting and Financial aspects.
- Learn about GST impact on business models and diversified sectors.
- Get practical exposure for GST Registration, Certificate and likewise.